Today’s Top Story
Introducing The Business Resilience Service Hotline
The Business Resilience Service (BRS) allows small- to medium-sized businesses, not-for-profits and charities to connect with experienced business advisors from across Canada for guidance on which government relief programs will be most appropriate to support them and their recovery.
The program, delivered free of charge, provides:
- Guidance on COVID-19 financial support program options and eligibility
- Direction on accessing the most appropriate support organizations
- Help to make decisions to support recovery plans
- Real time insights and feedback to policymakers
For Your Attention
Coming Soon: Canadian Business Resilience Network Small Business Relief Fund
Applications are opening Monday, June 1 for our Canadian Business Resilience Network Small Business Relief Fund. We are offering grants to Canadian small businesses that have been adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to provide a lifeline and support their resilience. These grants are possible through the generosity of Salesforce (NYSE:CRM) and will be offered as a one-time payment of $10,000 to 62 businesses across the country. Applications will be accepted from June 1 to June 12, 2020.
Commercial Rent Assistance Registration Now Available
Landlords may now register for the CECRA program through the Canada Mortgage Housing Corporation portal. CMHC asks you register according to the following schedule:
- Monday: Property owners who are located in Atlantic Canada, BC, Alberta and Quebec, with up to 10 tenants who are eligible for the program.
- Tuesday: Property owners who are located in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and the Territories, with up to 10 tenants who are eligible for the program.
- Wednesday: All other property owners in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Ontario and the Territories
- Thursday: All other property owners in Atlantic Canada, BC, Alberta and Quebec
- Friday: All
How We’re Helping Canadian Business
Webinar | Strategies For How Businesses Can Persevere And Recover From COVID-19
Join us on May 26 at 1:00 p.m. ET for a webinar with Canadian Western Bank (CWB) on tips and tricks for how to take care of your employees and gain insight into how CWB is able to offer its support to businesses and clients as they navigate the crisis and beyond. Register now.
A #TeamCanada Approach
Federated Co-operatives Limited
Federated Co-operatives Limited has made a $250,000 donation to food banks in Western Canada as part of its Co-op Helps initiative. This donation is over and above annual food bank contributions made through its distribution centres – nearly 540,000 kilograms (1.2 million pounds) of products in 2019. Its local co-ops also regularly contribute to their local food banks and offer the Good Buy to Hunger Program for customers. You can find stories about how local co-ops and community members are making a difference during the pandemic here.
If you know of a business that has taken steps to help Canadians through this pandemic, please contact us.